The Housing Authority of the County of Portage – Administers:
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP):
- Provides Federally Subsidized Rental Assistance from Housing and Urban Development.
- Applicant must be program and income eligible (rules, restrictions, and regulations apply).
- The Rental Unit must qualify for the program under the rules and regulations of the Housing and Urban Development Section 8 – Housing Choice Voucher program.
- The Rental Unit must be in a private unsubsidized landlord/management rental property.
- Criminal background and debt checks are conducted for all our housing programs.
- It is the sole responsibility of the private landlords to conduct their own background, credit, personal, and landlord reference checks and to approve of their own applicant.
- Landlords are not required to work with the HCVP or everyone with a HCV.
- Our agency has a waiting list for participation in our Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Call for applications and/or more information on this Subsidized Housing Program – 715-346-1392